- About Us
- Student Info
- Parent Info
Elementary Program Overview
The FVDES K-7 Elementary program provides students with a British Columbia Ministry of Education approved public school education.
Our program offers a superb educational experience for all students including those:
- Wishing to complete their education at home
- Unable to attend school
- With challenging schedules (athletes, performers, etc.)
Ready to register?
If you have all of your information ready, and want to skip directly to registration, click below to begin.
High Quality Curriculum
Our elementary program offers a complete curriculum for all grades from Kindergarten to Grade 7. Students work with flexible, learner-focused curriculum including complete resource materials (textbooks, supply kits, art and science resources). Our print and online-based program provides students with a strong academic foundation at all grades. Excellent support and instruction is provided by our on-site teachers.
The FVDES Special Education / Learning Assistance department provides additional support to students as needed.
FVDES teachers provide:
- Ongoing face-to-face support
- Email and telephone contact with students and families
- Three formal report cards
In addition, each elementary grade has a website that will provide your child with an extensive online learning environment that is combined with print-based materials.
The online components of the FVDES Elementary program:
- Allows students to access a broad range of resources
- Facilitates interactivity between students, parents, and teachers
- Offers live, online group instruction and one-on-one tutorials through Elluminate Live
Kindergarten - Grade Four Programs
The Kindergarten to Grade Four programs consist of Thematic modules:
- all subject areas (language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, physical activity) are integrated into the module activities and projects
- Grades One to Four
- All subject areas except mathematics are integrated into module activities and projects
- Separate mathematics course for each grade
- Parents choose from a variety of modules based on thematic units to match individual learner interests and needs
Grade Five to Seven Programs
Students enrolled in the Grade Five to Seven program:
- Are provided a complete grade level curriculum
- Weekly large group Elluminate Live! sessions that focus on curriculum enrichment and support
- May also participate in special Virtual Discovery Hour Elluminate Live! sessions
- Have the opportunity to listen, discuss, and learn with experts exploring a wide range of exciting topics
Textbook/Resource Materials Deposit
There is a refundable deposit required for resource materials payable upon registration. Kindergarten - Grade Seven Deposit Amounts are:
- $100.00 per student (maximum $200.00 per family)
- $500.00 per student (if traveling outside of Canada)
- $200.00 computer deposit - computers are issued on loan to students if required and available
- Valid credit card information is required
Internet Access Reimbursement
Full-time FVDES student families can apply for reimbursement for Internet access costs for up to $200.00 per year/per family when a student is registered in the online program by September 30th of the school year and remains registered for the school year. Contact your child's teacher for more information.
Registered students at FVDES may also receive:
- A fully configured Macintosh computer (on loan if required and available)
- All needed software (if installing on home computer(s))
- Computer training and support
- Online technical support
- Access to Accelerated Reader/Star Reader
- Access to a library of additional resources
- Students have the opportunity to participate in activities, including a weekly Fine Arts Program as well as educational school fieldtrips
A person is eligible to enroll in the Elementary Distance Education program provided they:
- Are at least school-age (5 years of age by December 31st of the current year)
- Have a parent/guardian at home to act as a home-facilitator
Fraser Valley Distance Education School has been providing the best Distance Education
learning programs possible to British Columbia's educational community since 1990.
We hope that you will join our vibrant learning community!