- About Us
- Student Info
- Parent Info
Middle School Full Time Programs Overview 2016-2017
The two FVDES Middle School programs meet the needs of all students by providing a supportive learning environment that bridges the gap between our excellent Elementary and Secondary programs.
IMAGINE, the FVDES Grade 8/9 Middle School Program for 2015/16 begins on Monday, September 12th with the final term ending in mid-June 2017.
IMAGINE is a blended-learning program at FVDES, and is a blend of both distributed learning and face-to-face instruction. Students will attend classes at FVDES three mornings per week for direct teacher instruction and integrated project-based learning. For the remaining days, students will continue their work at home through FVDES
Distributed Learning Program. For further information, please click
FVDES Fulltime Middle-School Distance Learning Program is for students who are have demonstrated success in distrubited learning enviornments.
Students complete their program by:
- Working with two core curriculum teachers
- Humanities (Language Arts and Social Studies)
- Additional teachers provide instruction and support for elective courses
- Working in cohort groupings
- Attending weekly online interactive classes via Elluminate Live!
In addition, students of both programs are provided access to:
- One-on-one teacher-led tutorial sessions
- Orientation for students to meet their teachers and fellow students
- Field trips throughout the school year
- Online access to marks
Ready to register?
If you have all of your information ready, and want to skip directly to registration, click below to begin.
We provide flexibility and choice in education to meet a wide variety of learning needs for students:
- Who are British Columbia residents
- Wishing to complete their education at home
- Unable to attend school
- With challenging schedules (athletes, performers, etc.)
Students at FVDES also receive:
- Full access to online teacher websites
- A school email account
- Online technical support
- Live interactive online classrooms for one-on-on tutorial and large group instruction
- A Macintosh computer if taking 4 or more online courses (if required and available - refundable deposit is required)
We look forward to working with you in the FVDES Middle School program.