- About Us
- Student Info
- Parent Info
Home › Registration
Registration for the 2016-2017 school year (Kindergarten - Grade 9 Programs) is now open. For more information regarding FVDES programs K-12 see our program page.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR GRADUATED ADULTS!!
The Ministry of Education has announced that graduated adults are only eligible to take the Literacy Foundations courses without paying a tuition fee. (Any applicable refundable textbook deposits would apply). All adults, who have graduated from high school in any jurisdiction, will be charged a fee of $350 for taking courses at FVDES.
Click here for a flow chart to guide you through the registration process
|Grade 10-12 Courses|
Follow these steps:
Note: If you are currently taking a course through FVDES and wish to add an additional one complete only step 2 above - Student Learning Plan. If additional information is required you will be contacted by the registration secretary.
|Kindergarten-Grade 7 ~ Full Time Program for 2016/17 School Year|
FVDES is now accepting registrations for 2016/17. Follow these steps:
|Grade 8-9 ~ Full Time Program for 2016/17 School Year|
|Grade 8-9 ~ Cross-Enrolled Students|
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Grade 8 – 9 Cross-Enrolled Students
Follow these steps:
FVDES is accepting registration requests for Grade 8/9 level online courses from Grade 8 and 9 students attending other schools full-time. Grade 8/9 cross-enrolled students can take a maximum of two (2) courses from FVDES while registered full time at another school. The registration must be approved by the home school administration. (The Principal can either sign the registration form, or send an e-mail to email@example.com). The registration may be completed online or the documents can be mailed to FVDES:
Mail, fax or email electronic copies (scanned images).
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax: 604-701-4970
46361 Yale Rd.
Chilliwack, B.C. V2P 2P8
The following documents must accompany your registration form:
- Copy of last report card, transcript, or Permanent Record Card
- Copy of Canadian Identification (birth certificate, passport, landed immigration, citizenship or study visa)
- Students registered in another school must include a timetable from the school
- Proof of BC Residency (student or parent driver's licence, property tax assessment or utility bill)
- Mail money order or bank certified cheque (payable to School District #33)
- Call FVDES with Visa/Mastercard information 1-604-701-4910 or 1-800-663-3381 ext. 5547
- Pay in person by cash or Interact
- Please Note: FVDES does not accept personal cheques for deposit payment
Most courses have a refundable deposit of $100 (see here). Students registered full time (4 or more courses) or registered as a full time Grade 8 or 9 student will pay a flat fee deposit of $100. There is a $200 computer loan deposit (for school age students only). To be eligible for a computer students must be FVDES full time students taking 4 or more online courses.
- All students enrolled in Grade 10 - Grade 12 courses must complete a mandatory registration assignment for each enrolled course before the registration is considered complete. If these assignments are not completed within 6 weeks of submitting your registration forms, you will be removed from these courses. Grade 10 -12 registration assignments may be accessed by clicking "My Courses" under Course Tools on the right side bar of our website and logging in using your student number and the password you were provided.
If you are taking an online course at FVDES for the first time and are taking secondary school courses, you will automaticaly be enrolled in the ConnectED course. ConnectEd is an introductory course that is designed to give you the skills to successfully navigate our online learning environment. Training sessions are held on an individual basis at FVDES and are available upon request.
Literacy Foundations: Information and Communication Technology (LF INFO COMM TECH) (no credit course-designed for graduated adult students only) - This is a mandatory training and online orientation course that will help you learn how to navigate our courses, use First Class (our email client) and covers computer basics for those with minimal experience. You can complete this course as quickly as you like based on your level of comfort with technology.
Any BC resident, who has not graduated from high school, is eligible to take courses for free with FVDES.