2019 – 2020 FVDES Grade 11 and 12 Program Information
Please Note: All required resources are to be picked up at our FVDES Chilliwack location. Grade 11 and 12 testing will be done onsite at FVDES.
FVDES Grade 11 and 12 Part Time Courses
Grade 11 and 12 students who are registered at another school in the Chilliwack School District may take Grade 11 and 12 courses as a cross-enrolled student. Please refer to the list of Grade 11 and 12 courses available.
FVDES Grade 11 and 12 Full Time Programs
Students interested in pursuing a full time grade 11/12 program will need to arrange a meeting with the counsellor to discuss individual graduation plans. Please refer to the information the graduation programs under Student Information (Graduation Requirements).
Chilliwack students wanting to register full time at FVDES in Grade 11 and 12 should consider tailoring their courses in a semester fashion, keeping in line with the traditional bricks and mortar school setting. Students should then plan their course work to coincide with the September to June school calendar year.
The areas of study for Grade 11 and 12 courses are as follows:
- Accounting 11
- Anatomy and Physiology 12
- BC First Peoples 12
- Chemistry 11
- Chemistry 12
- Earth Sciences 11
- English Language Arts 11
- English Studies 12
- Explorations in Social Studies 11
- Foundations of Mathematics 11
- Law Studies 12
- Life Sciences 11
- Physics 11
- Physics 12
- Pre-Calculus 11
- Pre-Calculus 12
- Science for Citizens 11
- 20th Century World History 12
- Workplace Mathematics 11
Blended Learning @ FVDES
Wednesday and Friday Mornings 8:30am - Noon
Students in Grades 11 and 12 select courses based on graduation requirements, personal interests and as prerequisites for post secondary programs. Due to the personalized nature of the student’s programs, FVDES will continue to offer the Student Support Sessions designed specifically for students in Grades 11 to 12. In addition to this, special focus days will be scheduled such as assessment preparations, writing strategies, etc. It is expected that full-time Grade 11 and 12 students attend these sessions on a regular basis.
Parents/Guardians and Home Facilitation
How can parents/guardians help their child be successful with Distributed Learning?
Parents/guardians play an active role by providing guidance, support and direction to their child. The responsibilities also include:
- Become familiar with the curriculum, content, and resources of the program/course(s).
- Provide a suitable permanent workspace for their child.
- Ensure their child completes school work on a regular basis.
- Review all work and assignments, with their child before submitting to FVDES.
- Help their child make the arrangements for taking tests, and ensures that they are prepared.
- Review returned work and feedback from the teacher(s) with their child.
- Monitor the online grade-book with their child.
We hope you will join our community of learners!
FVDES is authorized by the British Columbia Ministry of Education and uses BC certified teachers.